Compliance (Environment of Care) Management services are aimed at helping proactively minimize risk to our clients’ patients, employees, and visitors from known hazards or risks that may exist in the healthcare physical environment or activities connected to its operations.
Macada’s Environment of Care services support three basic elements:
- The building or space, including how it is arranged and the special features that protect a client’s patients, visitors, and staff
- Equipment used to support patient care or to safely operate the building or space
- People, including those who work within a healthcare facility, patients, and anyone else who enters the environment, all of whom have a role in minimizing risks.
Environment of Care Compliance services include:
- Preparation of working narratives and construction documents that meet the requirements of the FGI guidelines for Design and Construction of Healthcare Facilities, required by DOH & Life Safety for all healthcare construction projects.
- Construction plan reviews for application to code requirements of the NFPA, ADA, FGI, IBC, client expectations, etc.
- Construction project management documentation support with EOC oversight of healthcare construction projects to assure implementation of procedures dictated
by risk assessments such as infection, control, interim life safety, and pre-construction analysis.
- Policy and procedure development and implementation required to provide a safe and functional physical environment for clients, visitors, and staff based on DOH, Life Safety, OSHA, and regulatory guidelines
- Environment of care related risk assessments, inspections, audits, and drills.